Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

The feeling of celebrating is great no matter how big or small it is, from getting a good grade on a quiz or even winning a prize. Many people celebrate in different ways too, by just giving a whispered "yes!" or just shouting and screaming around out load in circles. I’m in that same pile of people, because I have probably celebrated in every way God has thought of. I’m not trying to sound like I always win because then I’ll be too arrogant. I’m able to celebrate a lot because I’m one of those who have realized that with every passing second you have done more than what you have done before. With every hour, day, week, month, and year that passes you have done more or have outwitted life than you have before and have gained more experience, which a recent movie has taught me is the importance to a man's core. This a lesson learned from Chris, a transcendentalist of the 21st century in a film called “Into the Wild”. He removes himself from the society that he has believed has possessed everybody with materialism, so he secludes himself in the harsh forest conditions of Alaska with nothing but his gun, books, and mind. I didn't finish the movie; but I bet he felt pretty good after he went back home. He had something to celebrate; he gained so much experience to his knowledge that many of his peers are too scared to even take a peek at. Chris is an example of how we should always celebrate ourselves in every way. Celebrate that you passed that one video game level, or finished that hard math question, or even get on the early bus, at least that’s how I celebrate myself.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a very optimistic way of looking at things and I think you make a really good point in that we don't always celebrate the little things, but they are worth celebrating. The little things, like beating a video game level, may not be the most significant things in the world, but to the person who worked really hard to beat the level, it is something worth celebrating and an achievement that shouldn't be overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of myself. You should see my face when i get an A on a quiz or beat a video gane. Nice job! (Use spell check)

    ReplyDelete